Don’t waste time onto anger toward someone who has done against you. Forgive that person today. God knows our situation and He has still called us to forgive, no matter the circumstances. Nobody is perfect, everyone needs to be forgiven. Do not stand in the way of your own relationship with God by denying forgiveness to someone else.
Yes! Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, because hate in your heart will devour you too. We should learn to FORGIVE. We don’t have to like them, we do not have to be friends with them, and we do not have to send them hearts in text messages or give them kiss when we see them, but we have to overlook, to forget, to forgive them through prayer. Because if we don’t we are tying rocks to our feet, too much for our shoulders to carry.
Not to forgive is to be imprisoned by the past, by old grievances that do not permit life to proceed with your new existence. Not to forgive is to yield oneself to another’s control, to be locked into a sequence of act and response, of outrage and revenge, and escalating always. The present is endlessly overwhelmed and devoured by the past. Forgiveness frees the forgiver. It extracts the forgiver from someone else’s nightmare.
The willingness to forgive is a sign of spiritual and emotional maturity. It is one of the great virtues to which we all should aspire. Imagine a world occupied with individuals willing both to apologize and to accept an apology, is there any problem that could not be solved among people who possessed the humility and largeness of spirit and soul to do either or both when needed? Repent, then, forgive so that you will be forgiven. It may not change how you feel about what they did, but it will change you. Forgiveness frees the forgiver!
Whenever I’m upset , I read passages that offer biblical guidance on forgiveness and how important it is to forgive others as we have been forgiven by the blood of Christ. Here they are, I will share ‘em with you too.
- Letting Go Of The Past (nackynice.wordpress.com)
- Tough Cookies: The Unforgiving Friend (letmebeme1.wordpress.com)
- 490 (gggceo.wordpress.com)
- Be quick to offer forgiveness (bentheredothat.com)
- Father Forgive Them (freestylechristianity.com)
- Quotes on Forgiveness (itakeoffthemask.com)
- Without forgiveness, there’s no future (nesapfich.wordpress.com)
- The Elusive Hobgoblin of Self-Forgiveness (recoveringwayward.wordpress.com)
- 110 Pages. (ridgwaydanielle.wordpress.com)
- Forgiveness: Do I Have to Tell? (acrosstraditions.wordpress.com)