New King James Version (NKJV)
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
The apostle Paul teaches us how to pray with thanksgiving in every circumstance. The Bible often commands us to avoid anxiety and fear. God tells us that He will supply for our every need. Even though we may not see the fruits of our faith immediately, we should always thank God, knowing He will bring them when the time is right. Jesus promised that ”He will supply all your needs in accordance with His riches” Philippians 4:19. Stop for a moment and imagine what the riches of God must look like☻. God has promised us the abundance of His riches! There is no need to fear that these boundless blessings will ever run out. Offer your life to Him with thanksgiving! If we cannot offer our current prayer requests from the foundation of a life that is currently filled with thanksgiving, we will not get a favorable response. Don’t look down at the ground in discouragement, look up to heaven and praise Him for the great gifts He has promised you in the midst of your crisis. Stand on those everlasting promises. Then get up and go, believing and expecting that God will supply all your needs. The Word of the Lord does not instruct us to pray with complaining; it says to pray with thanksgiving. Philippians is very clear on this point, prayer and petition must be accompanied by thanksgiving.
- Anxious No More (nackynice.wordpress.com)
- Thank You Lord! (nackynice.wordpress.com)
- (Revised) Now is the Time- Trust God (impactingdreams.wordpress.com)
- Philippians 4:6 NIV (mysunlightinthegloom.com)
- Cure for Worry (livingshalom.com)
- Guarded by peace (wordsofeternallife.org)
- Trusting In The Lord (bdaniel17.wordpress.com)
- True Peace with God: Philippians 4:6-9 (sidewalkschalk.com)
- Be Anxious For Nothing! (psalmsofpraisewomensministries.wordpress.com)
- Guidelines for Prayer (sjbrown58.wordpress.com)