I remember the time you asked me, ‘’ Give me the names of the four gospels?’’ I really knew who they were for I was baptized and churched at Foursquare Gospel Church. Then you asked me tons of bible verses, I knew where to find ‘em for I read daily the word of God. Words have always come easily to me. They fall from my lips as if gravity itself were pulling them from me to hoard as its own. But when I’m with you, all of that changes. It’s like being shot into space in an instant, deprived of oxygen and sound; though your splendor becomes all the more vivid for it.
‘‘Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.”
I thank God—the Source.
through Jesus Christ—the Channel of deliverance.
So then—to sum up the whole matter.
with the mind—the mind indeed.
1) Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.2) We all stumble in many ways. If anyone is never at fault in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to keep his whole body in check.3) When we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal.
4) Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go.
5) Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark.
6) The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.
7) All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and creatures of the sea are being tamed and have been tamed by man, 8but no man can
8) but no man can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.
9) With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God’s likeness.
10) Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be.
11) Can both fresh water and salt[a] water flow from the same spring?
12) My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.
Moral of the story is to speak positively. Because positive words lifts & negative words pulls you down. Take a couple of seconds before saying something to other people. Taming the tongue by being more up-building in your comments to others is a sign of true love and maturity. When you speak to others in this way, you will find that more and more people enjoy being around you because you make them feel more positive after talking to you.
P.S: Our speech should be kind and gentle- 2 timothy 2:24-25
- Tongue Taming. (manofhonourproject.wordpress.com)
- Guard your tongue (livingmoreabundantly4christ.com)
- Bring It Under His Control, Evans Olang (magnifyhisword.wordpress.com)
- Taming the Tongue (leoslifestyle.wordpress.com)
- Woman: Does Yours Offer Life or Brokenness? (amomlookingup.wordpress.com)
- Best Houseplants for Your Apartment (apartmentguide.com)
- Tongue Twisters (wholesalecostumeclub.com)
- The Mouth (jeremybrummel.wordpress.com)
- The Tongue Is A Boneless Monster That Hides Behind A Wall Of Enamel (altruistico.wordpress.com)
- Taming the Tongue; Dealing With Our Heart (allthingsnewandpossible.wordpress.com)
10th of May 2013, It was raining that morning. I sat at the kitchen table with a cuppa, find you on fb and there I met you. I’m staring blankly at the headlines of a paper, remembering the dream start to fill the line though they did not make the leap into my mind; only one thought held dominion there. Oh what an angel sent to me from somewhere up above heaven or what have you our friendship was perfect. One thing is certain, I knew you were sent from heaven.
Until 23rd Wednesday of May we grew apart… it seems things are never as perfect as they might appear at the start… I keep you friend tucked soundly in my mind, buried deep inside where only I can hear them. Somewhere in the future I’ll see you then.
P.S: I write about you, because that’s what my heart wishes for.