I used to like bread and rice with dried fish for breakfast, but now my favorite is cereals with hot chocolate in it. Plus, a cup of tea to satisfy my DAY!
- A Healthy Breakfast for Weight-Loss Success (everydayhealth.com)
- Break-the-Fast (cleanandgreennutrition.wordpress.com)
- Breakfast Interrupted! (36xty5.wordpress.com)
- Why Breakfast Is Key to Weight Loss (everydayhealth.com)
- Breakfast Blitz Contest Launches to Fuel America’s Mornings with Milk (prweb.com)
- Breakfast for Kids Can Be Healthy and Fast (everydayhealth.com)
- Artist spends two days creating Morecambe and Wise portrait made from breakfast food (mirror.co.uk)
- Jimmy Dean Delights Turkey Sausage Breakfast Bowl (beatcancer2010.wordpress.com)
- Grab & Go Breakfast Idea! Cereal! (soyoulife.com)
- Healthy Vegan Breakfast Foods (rejectfat.com)
Prep for toppings: 1 1/2 Hours
Cooking time for sauce and noodles: 40 Minutes
PANCIT PALABOK INGREDIENTS
flaked fish meat (tinapa)
Cooked shrimps, shelled
squid adobo (pusit) slice
Spring onions, chopped
Pork chicharon, grounded
Hard boiled eggs, shelled, sliced
Fresh calamansi (lemon), sliced
Fried garlic, minced
Palabok Noodle & Sauce
1/2 kilo miki noodles
1/2 kilo fresh small crabs (possibly w/soft shell)
1 onion, chopped
2 tablespoons of atchuete seeds or oil
2 tablespoons of patis (fish sauce)
5 cloves of garlic, minced
4 tablespoons of cornstarch, dissolved in water
1 1/2 cups of water
1 teaspoon of monosodium glutamate (MSG)
*Extract fat and meat from clean crabs, set aside.
*Pound crabs and extract juice on 1 1/2 cups of water.
*On a pan, sauté garlic and onions until golden brown.
*Add crab meat, crab fat, 1 1/2 cups of crab wash, MSG and patis.
*Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
*Add corn starch, continue to simmer and stir continuously until thick.
*Put noodles in a strainer and dip in boiling water for 5 minutes or until cooked.
*Lay drained noodles on a tray, pour the palabok sauce, garnish with palabok toppings and serve.
Trivia: Pancit is the term for noodles in Filipino cuisine. Noodles were introduced into the Philippines by the Chinese and have since been adopted into local cuisine. The term pancit is derived from the Hokkien pian i sit which means “something conveniently cooked fast.” Nevertheless, Pancit is famous during birthdays in the Philippines, we believe that if you cook something long, it represents long life, meaning the birthday celebrant wishes to live longer. Pancit Palabok is a communal comfort food, and can be found at nearly all Filipino potluck parties. It is best made and eaten in batches for it is easily consumed.
- Thai Rice Noodles With Ground Chicken (juicybites.net)
- Thai Recipe: Spicy Glass Noodles with Crispy Pork (Yum Woon Sen) – Recipes from The Kitchn (thekitchn.com)
- Shrimp Pad Thai (mostthingsthai.wordpress.com)
- Protein Rich, Personal Pita Pizzas (thisamericanbite.com)
- Friday is for fish: Steamed fish (hake) Chinese-style (thebigfatnoodle.com)
- Nectarine salad (feedthepiglet.wordpress.com)
- Rice Noodles with Shrimps and Mussels (itsyummymommy.wordpress.com)
- Recipe: Company Casserole (elizababble.wordpress.com)
Again, I thank you so so very much! You are so kind to give me such recognition. It will surely inspire me to make my blog even better. Kay herself has quite a sweet and inspiring. Her posts are not only creative but also stirring for those who wish to attempt any form of cooking.
So, the RULES for the “Super Sweet Award” are:
1. Give credit to the wonderful person who chose to nominate you.
2. Answer the “Super Sweet” questions.
3. Nominate a “Baker’s Dozen (13) blogs.
The Super Sweet questions:
1. Cookies or Cake?
Oh I love both!!! I don’t think anyone will ever understand my love for chocolate cake and chocolate chip cookies.
2. Chocolate or Vanilla?
Of course chocolate! You just don’t understand how much I love chocolate chip cookies; I could eat them all day.
3. What is your favorite sweet treat?
Chocolate cupcakes with butter cream frosting.
4. When do you crave sweet things the most?
I crave something sweet after every meal.
5. If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be?
”PALANGGA”– that’s another word of saying I Love you, you are adorable, you are so sweet, you are my all!
The Baker’s Dozen Nominees:
Now, let’s move to another award given to me by Brad Stanton of ”Give me 5 minutes a day and I’ll give you a happier, more successful life! the …
I had mixed emotions when I first saw the message of Brad in one of my posts saying that I had been nominated for this award. I was feeling a bit under the weather that time so I apologize you Brad for the late reply. I just love your blog so much. He continues to inspire me every day and in so many ways. I hope you guys will step on to his blog. SURELY you’ll love & admire it.
There are certain rules for this award. Once you have been kindly nominated for the award you ought to:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you
- Paste the award image anywhere in your blog
- Tell us 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 other bloggers
- Post a comment on your nominees’ blogs telling them of their nomination
- Leave a comment here, vote for your own and one other. That is all you have to do.
- You can copy this and add it to a post on your blog if you want.
Seven facts about me:
- I usually walk fast, and have unknowingly left people behind until they pointed it out to me.
- I love cooking (obviously)
- My hobby includes singing, reading praying. Oh, did I say PRAYING? Yes, I always pray everyday.
- Originally from a small barrio of Tibaol, Sta Cruz Davao Del Sur. I value that place so much, I am a Mestiza Bagobo and I am certainly Proud about it!
- I currently live in Texas, USA
- When I hear a song I like, I can listen to it over and over without tiring of it. I will usually sing along if no one else is around.
- I would like to write a book someday.
As required, leave a comment with a link to your web site and I will add it to this list. That will help you rated higher in search engines. The more people who list you the better.
Altheyright’s Collection of Simple Thoughts – Splendid
MISS AYO DÉLÉ POUR TOUT CE QUI ME PASSE PAR LA TÊTE!– I find her blog very interesting.
The Diary Of Me– Very inspiring.
FunandmorebyKay– lovely and very creative.
Book of the Future– Interesting
GrandMother Musing – Logical
The Why About This?– Intellectual, inspiring as well
Saint Alice Youth– Religious, Prayerful
Bam’s Blog– Stunning pictures
My life Uncut Almost– very poetic
Travel Culture Food– I just love travelling! If you are like me… then go check this blog!
Post A Day Challenge– I love all the challenges
20 Lines or Less– It sharpened my mind.
Faithrises– Such a beautiful blog and it is inspiring too.
I learned so much from them, they are very noteworthy, inspiring, and lovely and think they are all an excellent read. May you taste the sweetness of their lives and make your life even better. Once again
- Enjoy the sweets you want with Mrs. Fields Cookies (proflowers.com:80)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (laughingsquid.com)
- Chocolate Chip Recipe & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies (williams-sonoma.com)
- Giveaway: Fiber One 90 Calorie Chocolate Chip Brownies (confessionsofapsychotichousewife.com)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Whoopie Pies (cantstayoutofthekitchen.com)
- Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes (With Cream Cheese Frosting) (sweetandsaltydesserts.wordpress.com)
- Cheat day – the PERFECT chocolate chip cookies (youraura.wordpress.com)
- Fiber One 90 Calorie Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies + Prize Pack Giveaway (themomreviews.com)
- 2-Minute Chocolate Chip Cookie For One (zoomyummy.com)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes (thebitesizedbaker.com)
Life is like a flower, looking pretty in different colors
Have you ever stopped and thought,
how a flower is so like life?
In my garden, star flowers grow
Straight and tiny in a row…
They’re looking pretty in their shining colors
With green leaves around it grows abound
Each one holds its empty cup
Drinking rain and sunshine up!
- MyMove™ – Perk Up Your Garden with Colorful Flowers (mymove.com)
- Pictures Of Flowers (proflowers.com)
- ProFlowers Coupons – UP TO 50% OFF (proflowers.com)
- ProFlowers Promotion Codes – UP TO 50% OFF (proflowers.com)
- One Extra! (kiyanti2008.wordpress.com)
- Night Flowers (imissmetoo.me)
- Travel theme: FLOWERS (picturesinlivingcolor.wordpress.com)
- Smiles of a Sunday Afternoon (myphotoreflections.wordpress.com)
- all that flowers (livingindaylight.wordpress.com)
- More Paper Flower Tutorials (firstcomeflowers.typepad.com)
I’m going to bake a choco cake
Gonna make it yummy yummy!
Chocolaty , creamy yummy
Choco-chocolate I can’t resist it !
I want to eat it,
Got to have a piece of Chocolate Cake!
Enjoy the cake do not eat it fast
Just like your new friendship make it last!
- Chocolate buckwheat cake. (martetatin.wordpress.com)
- Birthdays so far & a Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting (sliceofmylyfe.wordpress.com)
- Guiltless Chocolate Cake (glitzgirlzglamourguide.com)
- Whats the Difference Between Brownies and Chocolate Cake? (proflowers.com)
- Chocolate Mousse Cake (blissfullyscrumptious.com)
- Oreo Chocolate Cake (myshineproject.com)
- eat: Orange + White Chocolate Cake (crumpetcottage.com)
- Giveaway: 8 Readers Win Flourless Chocolate Cake Prize Package from Prepared Pantry ($34 Value!) (hip2save.com)
- Friday Chocolate Cake … (simplifybysara.wordpress.com)
- Day 217 #Project365 (myphotosandthings.wordpress.com)
- Sam Mellinger | Michael Phelps is great, but is he the greatest? – Kansas City Star (kansascity.com)
- Mars rover Curiosity on course to land Monday – Washington Post (washingtonpost.com)
- Syria conflict: Heavy fighting stepped up in Aleppo – BBC News (bbc.co.uk)
- Loughner to plead guilty in Giffords shooting, source says – Fox News (foxnews.com)
- Obama, Romney look for advantage in jobs numbers – MiamiHerald.com (miamiherald.com)
Hi everyone, please click this link→ http://timzauto.wordpress.com/2012/07/23/timzauto-photo-challenge-submitted-by-nizys-life-compendium/ and like my photo. Thanks and God Bless!
A lonely rose cultivated in the darkest corner of the garden
Surrounded by many other flowers
Yet the lonely rose remained alone
Time passed and trials came and went
One dealt a severe blow
And the rose began to wilt and wither
Forgotten…then… as if by a miracle
There came a soft and placid breeze
Followed by a ray of light
As all the other roses fell into darkness
The lonely rose began to shine
Shining with a special light…
And watered by a gentle cascade…
A cascade of love
A cascade of selfless affection
‘I do… not now but forever…’
Said the rose to the sunlight
And there they remain
A rose in full bloom
With her sunshine smiling down on her…
You are my sunshine, my life, my very soul
And I your rose am blooming in the light of your love.
What’s Inside My Fridge?
Milk/Chocomilk (for baking, cereal and for my diet too 😉 ), Diet Pepsi, Diet Mtn Dew, V8 juice, Diet Sams Cola, Nestle Boost, Bolthouse Green Goodness. Mocha Cappuccino, Starbucks energy drink and Lipton white tea.
Sausage Biscuits, Kraft Cheese, Eggs, Hotdogs/ chickendogs, Meat, Fresh Vegetables, Butter, Fritos bean dip, Queso, Vanilla Cream, Hershey’s chocolates, Jello Rice Pudding, Pickels, Vegetable juice, Mustards, Buddy fruit juice etc…etc…
What’s Inside My Freezer?
Ice cream, Frozen Vegetables, Parmesan Enchruted Tilapia, Shrimps, Asian Express Foodies, Ihop Omelet Crisper. Etc. This list may seem boring, but all of these foods come together to create delicious meals all week long.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Inside (mikehardisty.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Inside (jinancitydailyphoto.wordpress.com)
- Madison Dearborn to Make 2.4x on Bolthouse Farms Sale (pehub.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Inside (arindammohapatra.wordpress.com)
- Campbell Agrees to Buy Bolthouse for $1.55 Billion to Add Juices – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Inside (warmhotchocolate.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: INSIDE (scrapydo.wordpress.com)
- 3 Benefits To Campbell Soup Acquiring Bolthouse Farms (forbes.com)
- Weekly photo challenge: Inside (alicethroughthemacrolens.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Inside (shabnamphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Inside (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Jonathan Adler Designs Limited Edition Diet Pepsi Straw (momgenerations.com)
- Link Time: Sofia Vergara Slims Down For Diet Pepsi (bellasugar.com)